Why Should You Consider Design Automation?
- Reduce Costs and Improve Profitability
By implementing design automaton,
engineer-to-order manufacturers can complete days of custom
engineering in just minutes.
Across most industries today, profit margins are narrow and will continue to become even thinner. Even in segments where margins are relatively healthy, competition and global outsourcing make cost reduction mandatory. However, design automation is an effective means of dramatically cutting costs for a well-defined, well proven range of engineering activities. This is especially so where business needs demand consistent engineering and most important minimum time to finished product delivery.
Â» Why Choose Design Automation?
|The majority of companies share a common goal of reducing design
costs. Traditionally, they have had two options:
(1) to design less and standardize the product range, or
(2) to design faster.
If you want to limit your customers' choices, the first option is fine. However, the pressure to customize products has risen tremendously over the past few years. If you want to keep customers happy and grow your profit margins, the second option is ideal.
Â» What kind of problems does Design Automation Solve?
- "Because we are always fire-fighting, I often have to use out-of-date drawings just to get the job moving. This can lead to huge mistakes. From receipt of the order, we usually have six weeks to get the job out the door. Unfortunately, we generally don't even get the drawings until after five weeks."
- "Our sales people are forever selling things we can't make . . . or they sell things that we can't make at the price they quote to the customer.
Design automation is the solution to the problems cited above - it provides rapid engineering along with fast drawing and document production.
Â» Who Benefits from Design Automation?
The primary single determinant of whether design automation
will benefit a company or a designer is the extent to
which new products are based on previous designs.
Two-thirds of companies using CAD derive all or part of their new designs form previous designs.
Â» How can EngATech help?
We are experts at taking your designs to the next level while saving you time and money. Increased productivity, elimination of errors, lead-time reductions and improved quality are just some of the benefits our team can bring to your company.
- Automation of parts, assemblies, and drawings based on variations of existing products.
- Automation of manufacturing documents
- Automation of retrieval an incorporations of existing product data and calculations.
- Automation of of product specification by nontechnical associates such as sales
- Custom Automation to fit your needs
Design Automation frees up engineering time formerly given to repetitive tasks, recalculation, and specification changes.
Choose to design faster - and take your inspiration from the many companies who have successfully implement design automation. It is a perfect means to increase your company's profitability on custom sales and allows you to do what you do best - design innovative new products.
|Watch this video to learn more about EngATech and how we can save you time and money.|
Have questions? Need more information?
|Click here to contact us|
How To Buy Design Automation Services
Design Automation Success Stories
accomplished all the engineering that once took 80 hours in
less than one hour by implementing design automation.
Elevator Manufacturer: can now create drawings, including engineering and documentation in 24 hours, which once took weeks with manual methods.
Small Product Benefits: component rackets that took 45 minutes to configure manually are now done in less than one minute.